Sparks Health System offers specialized, outpatient care for non-healing wounds, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Our team of doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses provide treatments to promote healing of chronic wounds and help patients recover as quickly as possible.
We provide care for:
- Bone infections
- Diabetic foot and leg wounds
- Recurring wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Ulcers, including ischemic, pressure and venous stasis
- Wounds association with radiation therapy
- Other conditions such as bites, infections and more
To determine the best course of treatment, we will do a thorough evaluation of your wound and current health status. Health care professionals who specialize in wound healing will educate you about the cause of your wound, and keep you informed throughout the healing process.
They will provide information on how to:
- Prevent wounds from happening
- Care for your wound
- Recognize early warning signs of complications
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is used to enhance healing of wounds, particularly those that are difficult-to-heal or infected. Treatments are beneficial for patients who have certain types of complicated or slow-healing wounds, such as bone infections or diabetic foot ulcers. The treatments work in conjunction with other treatments, such as antibiotics, to accelerate the healing process.
Our wound care specialists may use hyperbaric oxygen therapy to treat conditions such as:
- Air or gas embolisms
- Bone infections
- Crush injuries and other traumatic injuries that compromise blood supply to tissues
- Decompression sickness
- Poisoning from carbon monoxide or cyanide
- Pressure sores
- Radiation treatment injuries or thermal burns
- Refractory osteomyelitis
- Skin grafts
- Wounds that have not healed with other therapies, such as diabetic foot ulcers
Your doctor can determine whether this therapy is right for you.