When a patient comes to the hospital with stroke symptoms, it’s crucial to make a proper diagnosis quickly in order to begin treatment to minimize the effects of a stroke. Sparks Health System’s stroke care team delivers potentially life-saving care for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, and can perform treatment options such as:
- Angioplasty and stent placement to open blocked arteries and veins
- Embolizing agents (clotting medications) delivered by catheter to stop blood flow resulting from hemorrhagic strokes
- Thrombolitic therapy deliver clot-dissolving medicine to treat ischemic strokes
- Minimally invasive surgery to remove a clot, or repair arteries and veins
Following a stoke, our rehabilitation care is there to help individuals regain their independence. Sparks Health System’s multidisciplinary rehabilitation team provides caring, personalized assistance to help patients meet their goals.
Nationally Recognized Stroke Care
Sparks Regional Medical Center has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. The hospital follows national standards and guidelines published by the Brain Attack Coalition and the American Stroke Association for stroke care. Less than 1% of all hospitals in the United States have received this certification.
Primary Stroke Center certification designates hospitals with advanced technology, infrastructure, staff and training to receive and treat patients of all ages with all types of strokes. In addition to being prepared to treat all types of strokes quicker than non-certified hospitals, we offer:
- 24/7 stroke team access
- Advanced imaging technology and protocols
- Seamless integration with the ER
Sparks Regional Medical Center has also been named a "Top Stroke Center" by the American Heart Association and was awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association and and American Stroke Association.