Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Therapy to promote healing
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is used to enhance healing of wounds, particularly those that are difficult-to-heal or infected. During treatment, a patient lies in a special pressurized chamber of pure oxygen and breathes normally, which increases the amount of oxygen in the blood. Sparks Health System’s doctors may use hyperbaric oxygen therapy to treat conditions such as:
- Diabetic ulcers of the lower extremities
- Soft tissue radionecrosis and osteoradionecrosis
- Comprised skin grafts and flaps
- Crush injuries / acute traumatic peripheral ischemia
- Progressive necrotizing infection/fascitis
- Acute peripheral arterial insufficiency
Your doctor can determine whether this therapy is right for you.
Our locations are conveniently located near where you live and work.